If you are a regular reader of my blog you know I have been posting a lot about pink and breast cancer. I am so excited and honored to be a part of Team Pink Eye and their fight against breast cancer. I will share my nail look created for breast cancer awareness after a few facts. Oh and an awesome giveaway sponsored by Silk Naturals.
Statistics about breast cancer taken from the American Cancer Society.
- About 230,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women.
- About 57,650 new cases of carcinoma in situ (CIS) will be diagnosed (CIS is non-invasive and is the earliest form of breast cancer).
- About 39,520 women will die from breast cancer
- At this time there are more than 2.6 million breast cancer survivors in the US.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death by cancer only exceeded by lung cancer
- About 2,140 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed among men in 2011.
- Breast cancer is about 100 times less common among men than among women.
- About 450 men will die from breast cancer in 2011.
What can we do to help lower those numbers? Self exams, this is something everyone should be doing monthly. It is something you can do in the privacy of your own home. If you should find anything while doing your exams that doesn't feel normal CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR. You can click here to see instructions on how to do a self breast exam.
I had to use my sister Lisa's nails for this look because somehow I managed to break every single nail over the last 2 weeks. She was very excited to be a part of this, what girl wouldn't want their nails all pretty? Anyway here is a simple look I came up with using a gorgeous baby pink from the China Glaze breast cancer collection called Go Go Pink as a base. I then used tiny pink rhinestones I got at WalMart for $1 out of the scrapbooking section, for the dots I used a bright pink from Julep called Cameron.
|Yes those are her real nails!|
Now for the super exciting part the giveaway...
Silk Naturals has graciously donated a $25 gift certificate to their shop which you can find here. Silk Naturals also has a great selection of products that part of the proceeds from sales also go towards TPE's goal, so be sure to check those out too. All you have to do is go here to the Susan G Komen page for Team Pink Eye and donate at least $5, come back here and comment saying you donated, your email address, and the name you used to donate with. It is that easy to help us save a life.
Oh but wait, there is more, with donating that gives you entries into every giveaway Team Pink Eye has this week. Let me tell you there are some awesome companies who are sponsoring the other giveaways. Now I am not going to ruin the fun and tell you the other bloggers who have giveaways, you will have to visit the Team Pink Eye blog here to find them and enjoy the other looks this weeks fabulous bloggers created.
OK let me break it down for you (really for me) again.
- Go here and donate at least $5(less than a Extra Value Meal at McDonalds)
- Come back here and comment that you donated with the name you donated with and your email address so if you are a winner you can be contacted.
- Then go here to the Team Pink Eye blog for the full list of participating bloggers and look for the other giveaways. Of course enter those too if you choose to!!!
- The giveaways end on Sunday at 10pm CST and winners will be emailed by Frances or Rebecca (Our fearless TPE leaders)
- Donations of any amount can be made for the rest of the month of October.
Also please share the link to Team Pink Eye with your family, friends, makeup groups, mommy groups, anywhere you feel it may help us reach our $1000 goal. We are half way there thanks to the generous donations already received.
Peace, Love and Cupcakes