Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Another quick update



I wanted to give a quick update here so that you all didn't give up on me. I am super sick right now, probably bronchitis :o( I have no voice right now, fever, yucky cough, wheezing, just all around feeling lousy!

I also am trying to cope with the sudden passing of a dear friend who left this world way too soon. Jess left behind her husband and stepson, 2 fur babies and many family and friends that were her world. As much as my heart is hurting right now, I know there are many others who are just as devastated by her sudden passing. Please tell those you love what they mean to you, give them a hug, spend some time with them, you never know what tomorrow may bring. I know I would love to have the chance to spend another day laughing, pigging out on chocolate cake, and getting into some sort of trouble with Jess. We always seemed to find harmless (mostly) mischief somewhere! She was a tell it like it is kind of person who pulled no punches. She loved with all she had and was fiercely loyal to those she loved. I can't remember a time of being around her or a phone call that there wasn't uncontrollable laughter involved. She loved music and singing, her smile lit up a room. I remember her telling me one time that music was her way of escaping when she needed to. It's funny how people are put into our paths at certain times of our lives. I met Jess not long after I had moved into mine and the girls first apartment almost 10 years ago. The girls and I were doing laundry and there was a man and his son down there, we started talking and the next thing I knew...there she was. Her then boyfriend (now husband) had went and told her to "Come meet the nice lady he had been talking to." From there it was history and our friendship grew, we were almost inseparable for a long time. We shared so much with each other good and bad, supported each other, and loved each other. I can't tell you how many hours we spent just talking. Even though she had married and moved we kept in touch by emails, phone, texts, and facebook. Our conversations no matter who started them always started with "HEY HOOKER!" even if it was in the middle of WalMart. LOL 

I am going to stop here, I really didn't intend on this being so long. Please keep Jess's family and friends in your thoughts, this has been a devastating loss for so many people. Thank you to those who have had so many kind words of love and support, I love you all! Really as much as my heart aches, I can't imagine how hard this is for her family. They are the ones who need the most support, strength, peace and prayers right now and future. 


Jess, you have your wings now, soar high my friend. Give Grams my love and tell her Cookie says to take good care of you. I hope you know just how much your friendship meant to me. I will hold the memories we made close to my heart always. You were one of a kind. I know you will be watching over all of us, and every butterfly I see will remind me of that! I love you, rest in peace my sweet friend. 



Peace, Love and Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

3 cupcakes (1) 5 cupcakes (7) adopt a dog (1) American Apparel (1) American Apparel polish (1) Andrew Compton (3) Angel (1) ARC (1) ArtFire (1) bad business practices (1) Barielle (1) Barry M (1) beagle (1) birthday (1) Black Friday (1) black polish (1) blood work (1) Boston bombings (1) breast cancer (1) brown polish (2) bullying (1) buyer beware (2) buyers warning (2) Cadence (1) CandleLynn (1) Caylee (1) challenge looks (2) Charm Factory (2) China Glaze (3) Chocolate (1) Christmas (2) Connecticut shooting (1) crelly polish (3) Cupcake inspired (2) Cupcake kitchen (1) cupcakes (1) curls (1) Darling Clandestine (2) dating (1) Delightful Incense (1) depression (1) discount (1) Dollish Polish (1) Dots (2) Easter (1) Ecigs (1) Essence polish (1) Evil Shades (3) eyeballs (1) facebook giveaway (1) family (3) Fantastic Faces (3) fast dry polish (1) Fathers Day (1) FDA (1) Finger Paints polish (1) Food (1) foster parent (1) Friday Freak Out (1) Friday Night Nails (1) friends (2) frizz (1) Fur babies (1) gall bladder (1) Geek Chic (2) gifts (1) glitter topcoat (8) Glitz'd 23 (1) goals (1) gold glitter polish (1) Gold nail polish (1) Gold polish (1) green glitter polish (1) Green Polish (2) grey polish (1) group challenge (2) guest post (1) hair (1) Handmade (7) Hannah (5) health (1) Hit Polish (7) hologlam 2013 (1) Holographic (1) holographic glitter (2) Holy Grail (1) in memory (1) indie cosmetics (2) indie polish (13) jelly polish (1) Jindie Nails (1) Kadie (2) KBShimmer (2) kids (1) Kunimitsu polish (1) Lady Grenade Cosmetics (1) laugh (1) leave in conditioner (1) Lipsticks and Lightsabers (1) Little Mouse Ears (1) Lynn (1) mani (1) me (1) memories (1) mental health (1) mental illness (1) Missy's Tempting Tarts (1) mold (1) mom (1) Monday Morning My Way (2) nail art contest (1) nail polish (9) Nail polish pal (2) nail tragedy (1) necklace (1) Neon (3) Nerd Lacquer (1) neutral polish (1) new year (1) Nina Pro (1) Northern Star Polish (1) Not Making It Up (2) NTMS2 (3) OPI (4) Orange A Peel (1) orange polish (2) Orly (2) other giveaways (4) Painted Lady Fingers (1) Parnevu (1) Patch (1) Peanut (1) Phyrra (1) pink polish (1) platinum (1) polish budget (1) polish remover (1) Prize (1) Pure Ice (1) purple polish (1) Rag Doll Bath and Beauty (1) Random (2) Ray (1) red glitter polish (1) red polish (1) review (1) RLR Creations (1) Rockeresque Beauty (1) Rosie (1) Ruby White Tips (1) sad (1) sales (4) Sally Girl (1) Sally Hansen (1) Santa nails (1) secret Santa (1) Shop your stash (1) Sierrah (3) Silly Lily (2) silver glitter polish (1) Simply Sweet Skin (2) Sinful Colors (2) Sinful Scents (1) Skin Food (1) Skittlezz (1) soldier (1) Sophie (1) Spring 2013 (1) Sunday Sprinkles (15) Support (1) swatches (1) Target (1) Taupe polish (1) Team Pinkeye (3) tragedy (1) Unsafe (1) Valentines Day (1) violet nail polish (1) Whimsy Beading (3) white nail polish (1) why (1) winter nails (1) Working Together Wednesday (9) worms (1) Yellow polish (1) Zombie Flesh (1) Zoya (3)