Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Long overdue review of Parnevu hair products


*These items were sent by Parnevu for me to review. I am not being compensated in any way and all opinions are my own.*

***Edited 5/16/2013 to finally add pictures to this review.***

 
This review is LOOOOONG overdue, and I apologize to Parnevu for the delay in my posting. Hannah and I were sent 3 products to use and review. We got to pick from a list of haircare products so that we could find something that best suited to our needs. Which I loved, because who knows our hair better than us?

I was first told about Parnevu by a friend and fellow blogger Harajuku Girl, you should check out her review.
I have to say I am not disappointed in the products that we tried even though one of them wasn't the best choice for us. I'm just going to focus on the other two products, one of which is now a must have for our home.

My hair is naturally curly, the amount of frizz and poof depends on the humidity. Here in Missouri, humidity is something you can't get away from. It is like a creepy stalker just waiting for the opportunity to attack the hair of innocent people. My hair is also damaged from bleaching it so I could have awesome fun colored hair. Hannah is biracial, her hair is course, frizzy, dry, poofy, and she has ALOT of hair to try to manage. When her hair is managed it is a gorgeous combo of banana curls and spirally curls.


Hannah's hair before using Parnevu products.


Hannah's hair before using Parnevu products.
 We tried using the Parnevu T-Tree shampoo on Hannah first. She has a problem with a dry flaky scalp and I thought it might help with that for her. Here is the listing for the shampoo from the site. The shampoo didn't smell  like what I thought it would since it has tea tree oil in it. I expected the medicinal scent typical of tea tree oil, I was happily surprised that it had a nice smell to it. You could smell the tea tree oils, but it wasn't overpowering at all. After 3 washes using the shampoo she suggested that we use it on me and not her. It seemed to dry the ends of her hair more than it had been and she said that her head itched more. I can tell you that her hair was softer and had more shine to it after using the shampoo. I then used the shampoo and really liked it, but then my mom took what was left from me. Mom tends to have oily hair if it isn't washed every day and she is always complaining of itchy scalp. She has used it a few times and reports that she REALLY likes the shampoo and that I am not getting it back!

The next product that we tried and am absolutely in love with is the T-Tree leave in conditioner. This is a product that I see us using for a long time. Here is the site listing for it. It smells so good! The price is awesome for the big bottle that you get, plus a little goes a long way. You can use it on dry or wet hair too. Hannah and I both use this daily on our hair. After a shower we rub a small blob of it in our hands and then apply it to our wet hair, then comb through. It doesn't leave your hair feeling sticky or heavy like alot of other brands that we have used, and the scent stays all day. In the mornings I apply a small amount to our hair the same way I do when it is wet. The brush goes right through our hair and the leave in conditioner helps to manage the frizziness!!! Another plus I have found with it is... my hands are not as dry or my cuticles either. Our curls are much more defined, our hair is so shiny and soft, and the frizz monster stays away most of the day. I really wish Blogger would let me show you pics of her hair, it is amazing the difference. I am so happy with this product and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone no matter their hair type or ethnicity. 

After using Parnevu maybe 3 times!


After using Parnevu maybe 3 times!


Look at how defined her curls are! Notice that the amount of frizziness has greatly improved. This is only after a few times of using Parnevu products.
 The last product we tried was the Extra Dry Oil Replenisher, you can see the listing here.I am sure this product would work well for someone else, it just wasn't for us. Had I read the description better I would have known that. It smells wonderful though. I have passed this on to my niece to try out on her hair since she uses heated stylers on her hair. Her hair is also a different texture than Hannah's, so I'm sure that it will work great for her.

I want to address something that I am sure some readers will be asking. "This product seems to be more for African Americans or biracial hair types, will it work for me?" Absolutely it could! Most of the ingredients are the same as you will find in other brands, just different formulas. I suggest that you take your time and read the descriptions of the products to find a good fit for your hair type and needs. My mom and  are both white women with 2 completely different hair types and needs and the shampoo worked great for both of us. Hannah is biracial and we both use the leave in conditioner, and it is a holy grail for both of us. There is also a toll free number you can call with any questions. 

I am looking froward to placing an order soon to try the 3-Step Power Pack, T-Tree Scalp Oil, and Hannah wants to try the T-Tree Relaxer - Regular strength.

You can find the Parnevu site by clicking here.
You can find their fan page by clicking here.
You can find their Twitter by clicking here.

I had great service from Panevu for all of my questions, prices are very affordable, and I found a holy grail product for us. So I give Parnevu..... 5 cupcakes!




Peace, Love and Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

3 cupcakes (1) 5 cupcakes (7) adopt a dog (1) American Apparel (1) American Apparel polish (1) Andrew Compton (3) Angel (1) ARC (1) ArtFire (1) bad business practices (1) Barielle (1) Barry M (1) beagle (1) birthday (1) Black Friday (1) black polish (1) blood work (1) Boston bombings (1) breast cancer (1) brown polish (2) bullying (1) buyer beware (2) buyers warning (2) Cadence (1) CandleLynn (1) Caylee (1) challenge looks (2) Charm Factory (2) China Glaze (3) Chocolate (1) Christmas (2) Connecticut shooting (1) crelly polish (3) Cupcake inspired (2) Cupcake kitchen (1) cupcakes (1) curls (1) Darling Clandestine (2) dating (1) Delightful Incense (1) depression (1) discount (1) Dollish Polish (1) Dots (2) Easter (1) Ecigs (1) Essence polish (1) Evil Shades (3) eyeballs (1) facebook giveaway (1) family (3) Fantastic Faces (3) fast dry polish (1) Fathers Day (1) FDA (1) Finger Paints polish (1) Food (1) foster parent (1) Friday Freak Out (1) Friday Night Nails (1) friends (2) frizz (1) Fur babies (1) gall bladder (1) Geek Chic (2) gifts (1) glitter topcoat (8) Glitz'd 23 (1) goals (1) gold glitter polish (1) Gold nail polish (1) Gold polish (1) green glitter polish (1) Green Polish (2) grey polish (1) group challenge (2) guest post (1) hair (1) Handmade (7) Hannah (5) health (1) Hit Polish (7) hologlam 2013 (1) Holographic (1) holographic glitter (2) Holy Grail (1) in memory (1) indie cosmetics (2) indie polish (13) jelly polish (1) Jindie Nails (1) Kadie (2) KBShimmer (2) kids (1) Kunimitsu polish (1) Lady Grenade Cosmetics (1) laugh (1) leave in conditioner (1) Lipsticks and Lightsabers (1) Little Mouse Ears (1) Lynn (1) mani (1) me (1) memories (1) mental health (1) mental illness (1) Missy's Tempting Tarts (1) mold (1) mom (1) Monday Morning My Way (2) nail art contest (1) nail polish (9) Nail polish pal (2) nail tragedy (1) necklace (1) Neon (3) Nerd Lacquer (1) neutral polish (1) new year (1) Nina Pro (1) Northern Star Polish (1) Not Making It Up (2) NTMS2 (3) OPI (4) Orange A Peel (1) orange polish (2) Orly (2) other giveaways (4) Painted Lady Fingers (1) Parnevu (1) Patch (1) Peanut (1) Phyrra (1) pink polish (1) platinum (1) polish budget (1) polish remover (1) Prize (1) Pure Ice (1) purple polish (1) Rag Doll Bath and Beauty (1) Random (2) Ray (1) red glitter polish (1) red polish (1) review (1) RLR Creations (1) Rockeresque Beauty (1) Rosie (1) Ruby White Tips (1) sad (1) sales (4) Sally Girl (1) Sally Hansen (1) Santa nails (1) secret Santa (1) Shop your stash (1) Sierrah (3) Silly Lily (2) silver glitter polish (1) Simply Sweet Skin (2) Sinful Colors (2) Sinful Scents (1) Skin Food (1) Skittlezz (1) soldier (1) Sophie (1) Spring 2013 (1) Sunday Sprinkles (15) Support (1) swatches (1) Target (1) Taupe polish (1) Team Pinkeye (3) tragedy (1) Unsafe (1) Valentines Day (1) violet nail polish (1) Whimsy Beading (3) white nail polish (1) why (1) winter nails (1) Working Together Wednesday (9) worms (1) Yellow polish (1) Zombie Flesh (1) Zoya (3)