Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Silly Last Minute Thanksgiving Dinner Tragedy



So Sunday my family had our Thanksgiving dinner and Dad's birthday. It was pretty much a last minute plan thrown together due to some family having to work on Thanksgiving and others who live hours away from the rest of us being in town. Normally Thanksgiving is something I love to plan for, shop for and cook for. Usually it is my mom and I who do the majority of the cooking and then the cleaning afterwards too. This year not only was it last minute, but I am just not in the mood for festivities. I have so much stuff going on that the Grinch seems to have taken possession of my body and spirit. Not to mention my anxiety issues with crowds and being crammed in a tiny place. 

Sunday morning came, my alarm goes off, and.....I turned it off. So an hour and a half later I wake up and run to the kitchen to throw the turkey in the oven. Half way there it hits me, I feel like a truck of manure has run over me. My chest hurts I'm all rattly and wheezy, I have that oh crap I'm sick cough going on. Now mind you I have been doing this for over 2 months now, I just can't shake this whatever it is that keeps clinging on to me. So I get the turkey going, praying it gets done in time. My phone rings, it is the neighbor wanting to do their laundry. I explain that I have to be out of the door in just a few hours, and what happens? Yep you guessed it, there they are at my door baskets in hand. I honestly don't mind under normal conditions, but today of all days, Ugggggggggggh!!! I smile and give the polite "You know where everything is" and try to go about doing what needs to be done. NOPE, he wants to chit chat. OK fine, I chit chat, smile and nod, finally he leaves. Oh did I mention that I am still in my PJ's commando????? Yep sure was, and boy did that feel awkward hahaha! I get back to the task at hand only to minutes later here my phone ringing, it's mom wanting to shoot the breeze. Finally hang up with her only to have another knock at the door, neighbor again with more baskets, and yes I am still commando. Repeat this same scenario a few more times and add in random text messages, kids and cats. Oh and in between all of this I STILL HAVE TO DO MY NAILS!!!!!!!! 

I finally decide on what I think will be the perfect easy as pie mani. OPI's Suzi Loves Cowboys topped with Silly Lily's Candy Corn. I had swatched it the night before on a nail wheel and it looked amazing! I grab the OPI bottle and get to painting only to realize I am using the wrong color. Take that off and start again, one coat, two coats, dry dry dry would ya. Nope this girl has no quick dry drops or sprays, but after this I will be buying some. Finally it is dry enough to put the glitter on. I start putting it on and it just isn't going on as easy as it did the night before (insert pouty lip here), with every swipe the glitter is just coming off WHY WONT YOU STAY PUT?????? I keep fighting and finally get it on and let it dry enough to put my Seche Vite on only to look up and see I now have 15 minutes to get to my moms with the food that is still in the oven. Carefully I pull the turkey out of the oven and sit it on the stove, throw the pot holders on the counter. Ummm they are stuck to my fingers, OMG my nails are all messed up on my right hand. I have no time to fix it, so we pack everything in the van and take off. Hannah is in charge of watching the pies that refuse to set up in the whole 15 minutes they had before we ran out the door. She yells "Mommy the lemon pie is all to one side!" my response you ask? Tell her "I don't care what you do, just don't let it get all over!". As we are driving I see one of my elderly neighbors walking back from the little neighborhood store a mile up the street. I can't let him walk all the way back, so I tell the girls we are taking him home after I get Granny's cigarettes.  By time I come out of the store it is raining, cold and windy. I rush back to where he was walking and he is gone, so I have to drive almost home to turn around. Get to moms and start to get out, where the hell is Hannah? I'm starting to panic thinking maybe she got out at the store and I hadn't realized it, nope she had decided to get in the way back where the pies were. 

As usual we didn't start dinner on time, probably an hour or so later than what was planned. I did my best to keep at the outside borders of the crowd in moms place, you know so that I could escape if needed. Let's see in total there were 22 of us crammed into an apartment sized living room and kitchen, that isn't even all of us, some didn't or couldn't show up. We ate, celebrated Dad's birthday (a day late), talked, laughed, and I only had to escape a handful of times. 

What about my nails? Well I am not going to give a full review of the polish itself because I don't think it would be fair to. I had to do such a rush job and messed some up because they were still wet. I did love the combo though, so I will try it again soon. I will show you a picture I was able to snap before the tragic circumstances happened. 

Oops I guess I rushed cleanup too :o( OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys topped with Silly Lily's Candy Corn.
So there you have it, a crazy Sunday family dinner and my nail tragedy. This is where you can find Silly Lily Polish on Etsy, click here. I will do a full non crazy family dinner involved review soon, I promise! They have an awesome Christmas polish that I want BAD, so you may see that soon too!!!

Do you have any funny nail tragedies to share? What are your favorite quick dry products?



Peace, Love and Cupcakes!

2 comments:

  1. No nail tragedies are coming to mind, but your mani looks just like Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me think of those cute little turkey hand print picture the kids have brought home from school.

      Delete

Labels

3 cupcakes (1) 5 cupcakes (7) adopt a dog (1) American Apparel (1) American Apparel polish (1) Andrew Compton (3) Angel (1) ARC (1) ArtFire (1) bad business practices (1) Barielle (1) Barry M (1) beagle (1) birthday (1) Black Friday (1) black polish (1) blood work (1) Boston bombings (1) breast cancer (1) brown polish (2) bullying (1) buyer beware (2) buyers warning (2) Cadence (1) CandleLynn (1) Caylee (1) challenge looks (2) Charm Factory (2) China Glaze (3) Chocolate (1) Christmas (2) Connecticut shooting (1) crelly polish (3) Cupcake inspired (2) Cupcake kitchen (1) cupcakes (1) curls (1) Darling Clandestine (2) dating (1) Delightful Incense (1) depression (1) discount (1) Dollish Polish (1) Dots (2) Easter (1) Ecigs (1) Essence polish (1) Evil Shades (3) eyeballs (1) facebook giveaway (1) family (3) Fantastic Faces (3) fast dry polish (1) Fathers Day (1) FDA (1) Finger Paints polish (1) Food (1) foster parent (1) Friday Freak Out (1) Friday Night Nails (1) friends (2) frizz (1) Fur babies (1) gall bladder (1) Geek Chic (2) gifts (1) glitter topcoat (8) Glitz'd 23 (1) goals (1) gold glitter polish (1) Gold nail polish (1) Gold polish (1) green glitter polish (1) Green Polish (2) grey polish (1) group challenge (2) guest post (1) hair (1) Handmade (7) Hannah (5) health (1) Hit Polish (7) hologlam 2013 (1) Holographic (1) holographic glitter (2) Holy Grail (1) in memory (1) indie cosmetics (2) indie polish (13) jelly polish (1) Jindie Nails (1) Kadie (2) KBShimmer (2) kids (1) Kunimitsu polish (1) Lady Grenade Cosmetics (1) laugh (1) leave in conditioner (1) Lipsticks and Lightsabers (1) Little Mouse Ears (1) Lynn (1) mani (1) me (1) memories (1) mental health (1) mental illness (1) Missy's Tempting Tarts (1) mold (1) mom (1) Monday Morning My Way (2) nail art contest (1) nail polish (9) Nail polish pal (2) nail tragedy (1) necklace (1) Neon (3) Nerd Lacquer (1) neutral polish (1) new year (1) Nina Pro (1) Northern Star Polish (1) Not Making It Up (2) NTMS2 (3) OPI (4) Orange A Peel (1) orange polish (2) Orly (2) other giveaways (4) Painted Lady Fingers (1) Parnevu (1) Patch (1) Peanut (1) Phyrra (1) pink polish (1) platinum (1) polish budget (1) polish remover (1) Prize (1) Pure Ice (1) purple polish (1) Rag Doll Bath and Beauty (1) Random (2) Ray (1) red glitter polish (1) red polish (1) review (1) RLR Creations (1) Rockeresque Beauty (1) Rosie (1) Ruby White Tips (1) sad (1) sales (4) Sally Girl (1) Sally Hansen (1) Santa nails (1) secret Santa (1) Shop your stash (1) Sierrah (3) Silly Lily (2) silver glitter polish (1) Simply Sweet Skin (2) Sinful Colors (2) Sinful Scents (1) Skin Food (1) Skittlezz (1) soldier (1) Sophie (1) Spring 2013 (1) Sunday Sprinkles (15) Support (1) swatches (1) Target (1) Taupe polish (1) Team Pinkeye (3) tragedy (1) Unsafe (1) Valentines Day (1) violet nail polish (1) Whimsy Beading (3) white nail polish (1) why (1) winter nails (1) Working Together Wednesday (9) worms (1) Yellow polish (1) Zombie Flesh (1) Zoya (3)