Monday, November 5, 2012

Nail Polish Pals


So it has been a little bit, ok a long bit since I have had time or energy to even think about blogging. Even though I love to share all sorts of stuff with you all, life got crazy, I've been sick, mom had a fall, one of my sisters was in the hospital, so I had to put the blog on the back burner for awhile. Even though I couldn't make posts, I was always thinking Oooooooh this would be a great post for the blog, snapping pictures as much as possible. So here I am ready to put my blogger pants back on and come out swinging.

I have so much to share with you all, but I will start with something I think is super fun! I am part of a nail polish pen pal group on Facebook, where polish lovers from all over the world come together and share their love of polish. Each month we can sign up to be paired with a pen pal, the main point is to get to know and become friends with other polish addicts with the added treat of sending each other awesome packages. Last month was my first month to participate and I admit I was a little nervous, luckily I was paired up with 2 amazing ladies that made it so much fun for me. 

My first pal Cheryl lives in Singapore. We messaged back and forth with each other getting to know each other and learning some of our likes and dislikes. Then I stalked her page a little and found that she is as cute as a bug and likes adventure. She has been to some beautiful places and done some amazing things like snorkeling and diving. I could spend hours looking at all the pictures she took under water, they make me so relaxed feeling. She also does some gorgeous nail art too. I got her package within a week of her shipping it. I about died on the spot when I opened it, so many pretty things!!!!

My package from Cheryl!

Look at all those polishes! I had never tried any of those brands before and of course swatched them all immediately. I wont show you a pic of that though since I have a mani to share tomorrow that uses one of the polishes. I did learn something interesting, gum is illegal in Singapore, so no that isn't a pack of grape bubble gum. The only way to describe it is that it has the texture of gum, but it dissolves as you chew it. Thank you Cheryl for an amazing package!

My second pal Polyanna is from Belgium! We also messaged back and forth with each other learning our likes and dislikes. I also tried a new candy thanks to her, white chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I had asked her if there was any candy or food goodies she may want and that was what she asked for. I never would have thought that they would be so good. I shoved as many as I could in her package and HAD to eat the ones that wouldn't fit LOL! She uses a "fake" facebook profile for privacy issues, but I was able to check her out on a few other beauty related social media sites. I can understand people not wanting to use their "real" profiles for things like this, especially if they have kids. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stalk her as well as I did Cheryl. I can tell you that she and I share a sisterhood concerning chocolate! Polyanna's package took a bit longer to arrive, probably due to hurricane Sandy. I don't think I could have taken the excitement of 2 awesome packages in 1 week anyway.

My package from Polyanna!

Look at all those goodies, amazing right?! Look at how cute those H&M mini polishes are, and the dual ended Essence! She even sent me some hand creams and a lip balm, I LOVE LIP BALM!!!! As much as I love the polish, my favorite thing hands down is the chocolate bar and I haven't even eaten any of it yet. The wrapper is so cute I can't bring myself to tear into it....yet. Thank you Polyanna for all of my goodies!

I hope these ladies enjoyed the packages I sent to them as much as I enjoyed mine. I can tell you that I will be looking into getting some more Skin Food polishes in the future. Check out the blog tomorrow for a mani I created using one of the polishes from one of the pictures above. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to sharing tons of stuff with you all again. 

Have you tried any of the brands from the pictures? What are your thoughts on them? 



Peace, Love, and Cupcakes!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Cupcake! Look at all those goodies, I'm jealous! Now hand over the chocolate and nobody gets hurt ;-)

    (Oh, and I haven't tried any of those brands, except Essence.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sistah! I would consider sharing my goodies if you would come down here. Yeah I am trying to bribe you hahaha <3

      Delete

Labels

3 cupcakes (1) 5 cupcakes (7) adopt a dog (1) American Apparel (1) American Apparel polish (1) Andrew Compton (3) Angel (1) ARC (1) ArtFire (1) bad business practices (1) Barielle (1) Barry M (1) beagle (1) birthday (1) Black Friday (1) black polish (1) blood work (1) Boston bombings (1) breast cancer (1) brown polish (2) bullying (1) buyer beware (2) buyers warning (2) Cadence (1) CandleLynn (1) Caylee (1) challenge looks (2) Charm Factory (2) China Glaze (3) Chocolate (1) Christmas (2) Connecticut shooting (1) crelly polish (3) Cupcake inspired (2) Cupcake kitchen (1) cupcakes (1) curls (1) Darling Clandestine (2) dating (1) Delightful Incense (1) depression (1) discount (1) Dollish Polish (1) Dots (2) Easter (1) Ecigs (1) Essence polish (1) Evil Shades (3) eyeballs (1) facebook giveaway (1) family (3) Fantastic Faces (3) fast dry polish (1) Fathers Day (1) FDA (1) Finger Paints polish (1) Food (1) foster parent (1) Friday Freak Out (1) Friday Night Nails (1) friends (2) frizz (1) Fur babies (1) gall bladder (1) Geek Chic (2) gifts (1) glitter topcoat (8) Glitz'd 23 (1) goals (1) gold glitter polish (1) Gold nail polish (1) Gold polish (1) green glitter polish (1) Green Polish (2) grey polish (1) group challenge (2) guest post (1) hair (1) Handmade (7) Hannah (5) health (1) Hit Polish (7) hologlam 2013 (1) Holographic (1) holographic glitter (2) Holy Grail (1) in memory (1) indie cosmetics (2) indie polish (13) jelly polish (1) Jindie Nails (1) Kadie (2) KBShimmer (2) kids (1) Kunimitsu polish (1) Lady Grenade Cosmetics (1) laugh (1) leave in conditioner (1) Lipsticks and Lightsabers (1) Little Mouse Ears (1) Lynn (1) mani (1) me (1) memories (1) mental health (1) mental illness (1) Missy's Tempting Tarts (1) mold (1) mom (1) Monday Morning My Way (2) nail art contest (1) nail polish (9) Nail polish pal (2) nail tragedy (1) necklace (1) Neon (3) Nerd Lacquer (1) neutral polish (1) new year (1) Nina Pro (1) Northern Star Polish (1) Not Making It Up (2) NTMS2 (3) OPI (4) Orange A Peel (1) orange polish (2) Orly (2) other giveaways (4) Painted Lady Fingers (1) Parnevu (1) Patch (1) Peanut (1) Phyrra (1) pink polish (1) platinum (1) polish budget (1) polish remover (1) Prize (1) Pure Ice (1) purple polish (1) Rag Doll Bath and Beauty (1) Random (2) Ray (1) red glitter polish (1) red polish (1) review (1) RLR Creations (1) Rockeresque Beauty (1) Rosie (1) Ruby White Tips (1) sad (1) sales (4) Sally Girl (1) Sally Hansen (1) Santa nails (1) secret Santa (1) Shop your stash (1) Sierrah (3) Silly Lily (2) silver glitter polish (1) Simply Sweet Skin (2) Sinful Colors (2) Sinful Scents (1) Skin Food (1) Skittlezz (1) soldier (1) Sophie (1) Spring 2013 (1) Sunday Sprinkles (15) Support (1) swatches (1) Target (1) Taupe polish (1) Team Pinkeye (3) tragedy (1) Unsafe (1) Valentines Day (1) violet nail polish (1) Whimsy Beading (3) white nail polish (1) why (1) winter nails (1) Working Together Wednesday (9) worms (1) Yellow polish (1) Zombie Flesh (1) Zoya (3)